Skip to main content

Finnish

Sorry guys but I didn't post for a long time.

Christmas is near and I want to tell you about the language of a cold country. Tomorrow I might post about a hotter place.

The Finnish language is NOT a Germanic language, although Finland shares the border with Sweden and Norway. It is part of the Uralic language family.

Uralic--->Finno-Ugric--->Finnic--->Maybe some division, not sure--->Finnish

THE PHOTO HAS BEEN REMOVED DUE TO COPYRIGHT PURPOSES.

Finnish is along with Estonian, Karelian and others.

I should have thought of a pic earlier.

One language gained my attention: extreme right hand side- Motor!? Is that EVEN A LANGUAGE? Sorry, speakers of Motor.

It's as less as this. Bye!

Comments

  1. Sorry I don't get much time to know more about Finnish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to make another post about Finnish in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Language

There are lots of languages in the world. And I am adding another one to a list. Right now it's just called _____ (Underscore underscore underscore underscore underscore), so if you can suggest a proper language name in the comments I'll be happy. You'll be shown some words of the language (with the alphabet, of course, I have extra letters and eliminated letters) and will be allowed to add your own! I'll set up a nice target for the language, and I will show you monthly updates of the document. 34/10000 Once I've reached the target, I'll try to translate a Wikipedia page, and if there are any words that are not there in the language, I will increase the target to 11000 (additional 1000 words). You might know that I have shut down the Thinkopedia for a while and will open in June, but what I haven't told you is that I got viewers from Russia. I'm so happy: My dream country (now taking a huge place in the Audiences map) is viewing my blog! See yo...