Skip to main content

Update

Good Morning, News from Aryamaan Goswamy!

73 words are in _____ (now known as Gnomese or Assoese). Few are phrases, like Garden of Wonder, and some are words not of daily speech, like Dragon. Such words have appeared because I am writing a story about Gnomes.

Here's the alphabet:

Aa Áá Bb Kk Ĉĉ Dd Ee Éé Phph Gg Ĝĝ Hh Ii Íí Yy Ll Mm Nn Oo Óó Pp Rr Ss Ŝŝ Tt Uu Vv Zz

Simple, yet satisfying. Words can get prefixes and suffixes, like ápelmi (apple is mine, pardon me, I didn't put the', that would be vao'o aapelmi) and daapelmi (prefix da-, which turns pronouns into adjectives+aapel, noun+mi, pronoun, possessive when used as a suffix= My apple)

Also, á= aa, ĉ = cc, é = e'e, ĝ = gg, í = ii, ó = o'o, ŝ = ss.

Ss is pronounced sh, gg is pronounced j, and cc is pronounced ch. The vowels with accents are long versions of themselves: aa, e'e  (as in ate), o'o, ii. There is no long version for u. Also, note that there is ph and not f. Ph has the same sound as f.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Language

There are lots of languages in the world. And I am adding another one to a list. Right now it's just called _____ (Underscore underscore underscore underscore underscore), so if you can suggest a proper language name in the comments I'll be happy. You'll be shown some words of the language (with the alphabet, of course, I have extra letters and eliminated letters) and will be allowed to add your own! I'll set up a nice target for the language, and I will show you monthly updates of the document. 34/10000 Once I've reached the target, I'll try to translate a Wikipedia page, and if there are any words that are not there in the language, I will increase the target to 11000 (additional 1000 words). You might know that I have shut down the Thinkopedia for a while and will open in June, but what I haven't told you is that I got viewers from Russia. I'm so happy: My dream country (now taking a huge place in the Audiences map) is viewing my blog! See yo...

Esperanto

 I am making a course on Memrise called "Everything you need to know in Esperanto". So what is Esperanto? Well, it's a language. But not ANY language like Spanish or German. It's a constructed language, a language that has been invented by this person or that. Somewhat like Na'vi or Klingon. It was created by L.L Zamenhof.  There are many speakers of Esperanto worldwide, but it's not easy to find one! You can't just go up to anyone on the street and say, "Saluton!".  So is it a waste of time? Not at all! Remember, you are a language learner. If you want to learn, you can learn any language. And you might find some people on the Internet who can speak Esperanto.  The funny thing is, even though it's spoken just anywhere on the planet, it has it's own flag! It's green, with a white square with a green star.